Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Our New Salon is Well Worth the Wait, by Janet Lee

Remember when you were little and your family went on vacation in the car?  About every ten minutes you or your sibling would ask, "When will we get there daddy?"  My father always used to say, "See that big cloud in front of us?  When we get past it; we will be there."  As a young girl I never could figure out how my father knew that  stuff.  How could he possibly judge distance when he didn't know how big the cloud was, how far it was up in the heavens, or how far away it was from us? I just knew that I had the world's smartest daddy!

While we were engaged in the mini remodel of Adventure Us 2, time seemed to stand still.  Every week I would ask Michael, "When is the sole going to be completed?"  and he would say: "see the little fish in the water, when they turn into big fish; the sole will be finished". Time went slowly, but that big cloud way out there in front of us is finally behind us, and the shad swimming around the dock are a lot bigger. 

We have done nothing but work, work, work, all summer and as a result Michael's knees have taken a beating.  Although I relish bringing a man to his knees, I am excited that my view of  him is no longer me looking down the companionway at his back while he is below working on his knees. It may have taken all summer but we have a new salon!  New cushions, new sole, new pillows, empty checking accounts.

       

Before
 
After
 
Before
 
 After
 
Before
 After
 
 
Next up on the never-ending quest to pour money into upgrade Adventure Us 2 is: cushions for the cockpit.  We hooked back up with Jackie from Island Furniture  and she is on the payroll for toast inspired cushions.  In anticipation of completion, I already have a few water colored decorative pillows in the shopping cart of Overstock.com!  
 

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment