Friday, June 7, 2013

What Will I Do Without Country Western Dancing?

By Janet Lee

One of my concerns regarding our sailboat adventure, other than the obvious lack of storage space, is that our everyday familiar objects and routine(s) will under go an extreme and dramatic change. The journey we have laid out for ourselves promises to be the adventure of a lifetime. There are many places we want to explore and experience, and the only way to fulfill our dream is to just turn the page and walk away from our comfortable life, and relationships. Honestly, it makes me a little apprehensive to think about the required transformation, especially when we cut the dock lines.

For example: most Saturday nights, for more than 5 years, we have been patronizing Masa Sushi for our fix of sashimi (we love the top quality fish, staff and management); then we make our way around the corner to Big Texas South for a night of getting physical on the hard wood dance floor.  I am almost certain that we will not find any cowboy dance halls in the Caribbean.  The idea of not whirling and twirling, with boot stomping, hat wearing, rednecks is a daunting thought, but a needed transformation if we are to continue with our goal.

For me, moving into this previously unexplored way of living carries a factor dependant on personal bravery and the courage to think of my life in new, tangible terms.  What will my life be like with out Big Texas, without my Corvette, without my spurs, boots, whips, costumes, and the rednecks, humanoids, cyborgs, and zombies I interact with daily?  I don't know the answer to that question.  What I can rationalize is that it will be different.    Different in a poignantly healthy sort of way.  But not like this:
                                                               
                                 

Still, I wonder if I can shrink wrap my life and store it in a cardboard box plastic bag in the V birth.
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I like the boots and the sculpture on the back side of the fire place. Want to sell them?

    ReplyDelete